Sunday, April 19, 2009

out of the mouth of babes


We’ve been trying to teach our children the concept of the Spirit’s promptings and Satan’s enticing. So for Family Home Evening/scripture study Tim whispered things into the children’s ears like “be nice to your sister” or “make fun of your brother” and then asked who they thought would be saying what. Last night after we were done reading scriptures Gent leaned over and whispered into my ear, “Satan says be mean to your husband.” He leaned back from me and smiled and then he leaned into my ear again and whispered “The Holy Ghost says give cotton candy to your son.”

12 comments:

Monica McCoy said...

That is the cutest thing! Hw funny!

Kathy said...

Love it!!

ash said...

I am so happy I found you! (This is Ashley from Dr. Savage's clinic).

You guys look great! Your kids are all getting so big!

Our blog is private, but e-mail me (ash.colton@gmail.com) if you want to chat!

Love,
Ash

Jemaica said...

HAHAHAHA! That kid just KILLS me! Where does he get this stuff? Hahaha

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

LOL! That's awesome. he's my kind of guy!!

gojensens said...

When I saw your post on my blog I was a little confussed because it was from "me". I guess I was still signed in on your computer when you left a comment, funny! Anyway, Gent is so funny with his sugar addictions, he cracks me up! What a smartie too!

Courtney said...

Sean and I totally miss Gent. He was so funny, I really wish we lived near you guys so I could hear the crazy things he says. That is priceless.

jenn gent said...

He is one clever kid! So did he get any cotton candy?

Misty said...

That's hilarious!

Kendall and Melissa said...

You kids sound so adorable! I love hearing "kid" stories. They help me realize that mine are normal. :) By the way, I'm a total blog stalker. But hopefully you remember me from Wymount?

PeavoyMom said...

If I had been drinking milk it would have ended up all over my computer screen, but because I wasn't I just laughed really really hard.

Jennie said...

We found you! That little guy is so cute! They all are. I can't believe how big they are getting! Good luck Tim!

Scrap Pages

>