Thursday, August 6, 2009

Where has the time gone?



Where to start? Goodness gracious, this should be reason enough to never stop blogging for longer then a week. It's been almost two months and there has been lots of "going ons" in that period. Like a two week trip to Washington, Tim taking the bar, Young Women's girl's camp, sleep overs , books read, play dates, Zion starting to "really talk", mommy and daddy dates, eyebrow threading (okay so not such a big event, but interesting non the less) and the list goes on. Since I use my blog as a journal...I would never journal consecutively if it weren't for the blog... I'll being writing a long one. Soooo get comfy or just scan through quickly because like I said, this is going to be a long post.

We had an amazing trip to Washington full of surprises. I had all the best of intentions of visiting lots of Washington friends and life happened. I was blessed to see a few of them by them coming to see me at my parent's house; otherwise I don't think it would have happened. My brother Joe's family and I flew in together. It was a blessing to have so many helping hands. We crammed in the first week with baptisms, birthday parties, playing in parks, swimming in the lake, eating, and watching movies at Uncle David's. The flu went around in those two weeks as well. Yuck!! Poor Aunt Kathryn got the worst of it. There should be a law against getting sick on vacations. My oldest Sister Debbie surprised us by coming up for a visit with her three youngest. So, along with Fireworks, Seattle trips, shopping with mom, and eating more Yummy food, that is where the rest of our time went. Now I've got to say...there should also be a law against gaining weight on vacation as well. It should be decreed that no matter how much you eat on vacation, you don't gain weight. If only the law of science matched my own desired laws in my head. To all my Bosom buddies in washington I didn't see...I still love you...and hopefully next time!!

I was sad to leave washington, but very happy to arrive back in Nevada. We decided before we bought tickets for W.A. that it would be better for Tim to stay home during our trip so he could work hard to pay the bills and study for the bar exam uninterrupted. But For the amount of time we talked on the phone I am almost convinced that he should have just come too. But... He really did get a whole lot more studying in compared to when we were all around. He ended up taking the bar exam for the second time a week ago. When I picked him up after the three day test was over, he said something like, " I believe I did better then the last time I took it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if my better is enough to pass". I sure love that man of mine and feel blessed he is such a hard worker.

The week before Tim took the Bar I got to join our Young Womens for girl's camp. I missed the first day and everyone missed the last, but it was still amazing. I love our girls and leaders! We laughed, danced , ate, played games, sang, cried, and got soaking wet!! And I mean SOAKING WET! We actually were rained out. By the time we decided it was time to pack up and leave we had a river running through many of our tents. On the last unofficial last night of girls camp we roughed it out by sleeping in an air conditioned living room with a big screen TV. The following day we swam at the Mead's pool and barbecued. Now if roughing it was always like that, I could live like that every day!

Ellie and Gent love having their cousins sleep over or to sleep over at their cousins homes. They seem pretty unsatisfied if a week goes by and that hasn't happened. So it has happened quite a lot this summer. In fact, last week Uncle Joe and Aunt Kathryn decided to have all the Pahrump cousins over for the night (including baby Zion). So Tim and I celebrated us being finished with his studies by going on a super date. We shopped, ate sushi, talked uninteruppted, I had my eyebrows threaded for the first time(google it), and just plain enjoyed one another'scompany until we picked up the kids the following morning. Thanks once again Joe and Kathryn.

Since our two oldest children started talking relatively early Tim and I had been concerned because Zion seemed determined to start talking relatively late. We received reassurance from many that this was common for a third child who has two older kids doing the talking for her, but as parents you worry. Lucky we have a Father in Heaven that reassured us as well, but at times our faith lacked. Well the worry is over. In the past week or two Zion's talking has blossomed. She has had sign language to help her, but now she's starting to say the words. She repeats what we say and thinks it's quite humorous how excited we get about that. She's not a walking dictionary yet but she can now communicate using small words. yeah!!

Okay now for the books that I have recently read that I have to recommend; The Hunger Games, Mistborn, The Anne of green gables series, and Olive's Ocean. You won't be disappointed! Thanks to the ones who recommended those to me.

So that's just a few of our "going ons" this summer. Aren't summers wonderful!

3 comments:

Linda said...

So good to catch up with you and yours. I've missed your posts. I think nearly everyone has taken a little blog vacation this summer. I'm glad summer has gone so well and that you've been having a great time doing whatever you do. But that's you Ruthie, always positive and having a great time whatever!

Kathryn said...

It's funny how I know most of the going ons but I still love to read your blog. I have read every book except for one so I guess I need to find out about it. We sure loved having your kids over for the night. THey are great! and thanks for having mine.

Chelsea said...

yeah - love the update! Glad you are having a good summer - the kids are so cute and growing up too fast! One of the pictures of Zion I thought was an old picture of Ellie - they look so much alike to me! Tell Tim we are crossing our fingers for good news from the bar!

Scrap Pages

>