Friday, August 28, 2009

Happy 4th Birthday Genty boy!!


Gent had his fourth birthday yesterday the 27th. He thought he was living the high life because he didn't have to clean his room, help pick up, take a nap, and he got to pick whatever food he wanted for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Which meant cotton candy for breakfast, Burger King for lunch, and Chinese take-out for dinner. Healthy?! Nay! But it was his birthday! He kept saying to me throughout the day "Oh sanks". Yes, I realize I misspelled thanks, that's just his cute way he pronounces it. We opened up presents first thing in the morning and he loved every one of them. I honestly think we could have wrapped up old smelly socks and he would of grinned his ears off and kept repeating how grateful he was. He is such a thankful little bubby! He also made life very convenient in the things he requested such as cotton candy, an umbrella, "fighting things", Captain America costume (which will arrive just in time for his Halloween birthday party next Friday) and a "super-duper gumball machine".
I was totally able to stay within our budget! And Wal-mart carried it all.

That night he was able to have his cousin Taylor over who shares his same birth date, and little Emily. Taylor, Gent, and I made the birthday cake together. The two birthday boys suggested we add a bag of Chocolate chips, marshmallows, and a half bottle of butterscotch to the cake batter and I have to say it actually turned out pretty dang good. I'd call it masterpiece if it wasn't for all the egg shells we kept finding.
We feel so grateful to have Genty boy as a part of our family! He is such a fun, tender hearted, good humored little kid. We are truly blessed to have him!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I can't believe he is so big, and so old. It seems like he was just barely in our nursery. We miss his knock knock jokes and his cute penguin walk he would do for Zion.

Jemaica said...

He cracks me up, I've never known a child to ask for an umbrella for a birthday gift. I hope we get to see you guys soon!

Jess said...

Oh, so darling. Sweet little Gent, you're getting so big! Miss you guys!

Scrap Pages

>