Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spreak Break 2009


We had a wonderful start to our 2009 spring break. We joined my sister Debbie and brother in law Jay for Easter Weekend. It was full of lots of fun and relaxation. We pulled in Friday afternoon and were greeted with pizza and an invitation to join them in their pool. The kids had a blast catching up and I couldn't have been more excited to be able to sit and visit with my big sister again.
Saturday morning started early. Debbie treated us to a wonderful breakfast and cartoons. After breakfast it was back to the pool for the kids. While they were swimming I got to go alone on a kid free shopping trip. When I got back Debbie sent me straight back out with Tim in tow for a lunch to ourselves. We headed over to a great little restaurant and enjoyed the best sushi ever. I love Sushi!! When we returned from our date we joined the rest of the family at the pool. That night Debbie and Jay had me pick up Costco ribs, chocolate cream pie, and a smorgasbord of other things for dinner... and my, oh my, was it good. After the kids were down for the night, Tim and I headed back out with my nephew Justin (who came with us from Pahrump) to catch the movie Knowing. We got back at twelve and started assembling Easter baskets, filling up and hiding eggs until about 1am.
The kids woke up at around 6:30am Sunday morning and went straight in search of Easter eggs and their baskets. They were all happy with what he had left them. We enjoyed a wonderful sacrament meeting and the kids loved Primary. Debbie and I were both impressed with the Relief Society lesson on being valiant in the cause of Christ. It was a perfect lesson for Easter Sunday. After church we headed to the beach to build sand castles and just sit and visit with each other. When we got home Debbie prepared an amazing Easter dinner for us to enjoy. It was wonderful to be able to spend Easter together with my sister Debbie's family. That night we headed to bed early in preparation for our Big Monday plans. Disney Land!! Monday deserves a post of its own so I'll have to blog about that tomorrow.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Family is the greatest. I look forward to reading your Disneyland post. I have yet to take any grandkids there, but I can hardly wait.

Jemaica said...

Cute pictures! Haha my favorite is the one of your neice holding Zion. Zion has a serious wedgie! Haha I love it!

Miss you guys!

Scrap Pages

>