Thursday, May 13, 2010

Things we were doing when I wasn't blogging...

*Celebrating Tim's and my Birthday-

Tim turned a whopping 33 on Feb 19th and I turned 31 on March 30th!! We both had great birthdays! lots of love from family and friends. Thanks!
*Mudding,priming,painting, and staining the master bathroom, and family room


I had help from Tim on his down time and one of my favorite friends in pahrump (Miss Chelsea) came over for an afternoon and helped me finish up our family room. I also painted our office and living room. Poor Tim was probably wondering when it was ever going to end. My next project is the girl's and Gent's room, but that will have to wait until summer.
*landscaping the front yard:

Here in this picture of Tim washing the car you can kind of see our desert landscaping. We haven't added any plants of our own yet (there are cactus and palms to come), but the weeds sure have started growing. I have a loving big brother who drove out a week ago to spray them with round up for us. What a brother! The weeds are pretty much gone now. Thanks Joe!

Just thought I'd add this photo of the kids taking advantage of their dad washing the car. I love the weather here in April.
*Play dates and play group

This is a picture of our play group Easter egg hunt. I'm trying to figure out where most of the moms are. Hmmm... Standing next to me taking pictures too?
I love the play groups we have at the park. It's just as much for me as it is for the kids. I always say its not the things in parhump that make me love it here, its the friends we've made. There sure isn't a heck of a lot of things to do here, but when you have fun people to hang out with, a park or a house to hang out at, your set. Consider yourself entertained.

*baby showers
*Temple trips with the kids


Tim and I were able to switch off with the kids while we did some temple work. The kids had a blast watching the wedding parties stroll around, look at all the pretty flowers, dip their hands in the fountain, and roll down the hill on the side of the Las Vegas temple.
*Cup cake decorating

A friend I've made her in pahrump named Cambria (the one on the far left holding the book) has decided to share her talent for cake decorating. She is a patient and positive teacher. I think my cupcake could look like someone threw up on it and she would still say something encouraging and positive about it and then maybe add a little tip on what else I could do. She's great. She's had two classes so far and I've only made it to the one, but I can't wait for next weeks class when we learn how to make spaghetti and meatballs
or corn on the cob cup cakes.
Check out the book Hello, Cupcake! to see what I'm talking about.

Here are a few other cupcakes I've seen of hers that she made for game nights.
Talented?? Uh... YEAH!!

*Visits to Washington
*Visits to Utah
*Visits from family



We had my cousin Jernon and her family, Grandpa and Grandma Gent, Uncle Ben-Ben, my nephew Kevin and Jordan, Aunt Debbie and her little girls, Uncle Nathan, and Joe's family over for the weekend of May 8th to celebrate My little brother Nathan graduating from UNLV law school. What a celebration we had! The house was full, but our family motto growing up was "there is always room for one more". So all though there were some who couldn't make it, if they could have...we would have found room for them. Congrats Nathan on another accomplishment.

The cousins had such a wonderful time playing together! Aunt Debbie and Uncle Ben-Ben took them out on the town a few times, but when they were at our house we got quite creative in finding things for them to do. From the looks of the the pictures above you can be as convinced as I on the fact that we don't really need a pool. Just a big ditch where water can collect. Gross? No way, Pure fun!

*Tim finishing his clerkship with Judge Lane
*Tim opening up his new practice!
Thanks Sean for the hep with Tim's Business cards!!

*And too many more things to blog about in this post, because its already toooo long.

8 comments:

Monica McCoy said...

What a beautiful home you have! And those cupcakes are so cute.

Jess said...

Wow you've been busy! Look at Tim, all official now! WHOA! And the kids are so big, and so stinkin' cute!!! OMIGOSH!!

Lovin' the look of those cupcakes too! Spaghetti! Genious!
Love you Ruthie!

Kelly said...

LOVE the new stuff! So fun to see what you are up to. What happy times:) Your kids are getting HUGE!

Brittney said...

Wow a law firm!? ccol.

Ellie is so hilarious in that video swingin her hips around.

Nice job on the painting.

The Clifts said...

Beautiful pictures! I miss you guys. I wish there was some way to come see you. Maybe when Tim makes a million dollars at his new law firm. :) Love you!

Kathryn said...

I don't know why you haven't had time to blog? Don't you just sit at home watching TV? Just kidding.
It is so fun to have you close and to share in all of these wonderful times. Thanks for moving to Pahrump.

Chelsea said...

Yeah! I love updates! You definitely have been up to some pretty wonderful things while not blogging :) Fun to see pics of the kids ... can't believe Ellie is 6 (her party looked so darling!) Miss you guys ... are we so sad Lost is over forever? :)

Valerie said...

I'm just a stranger who came across your blog, but wanted to say you have a GORGEOUS family. I love those awesome cupcakes too.

Scrap Pages

>