Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Ellie's 6th Birthday

Ellie really wanted a fancy tea party for her 6th birthday party so on Saturday December 19th she invited 11 little girls over to have a "fancy day" with her. We went from one activity to the next, from picking out jewelry to wear, decorating their own little purses, charades, reading several Fancy Nancy books, and then to sit down to "tea". In the Church we belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints we've been taught and know to abstain from certain things and Tea (excluding herbal tea) is one of them. We had another good little teaching moment when Ellie asked about what we were going to do if we couldn't drink tea at a tea party. We told her she could pick anything she wanted to replace it.... so she picked pink lemonade and apple cider to drink instead.

Luckily I had Tim's help through out the day. He put on a suit and tie and acted as the butler and waiter. We had several dozen tiny ham and cheese and PB sandwiches, lots of little cupcakes, little pies, crumpets, and anything else finger foodish we could find. The girls were so cute as Tim and I waited on them. One little girl said "I've never been served before...I like it".

That night after all was said and done; Ellie expressed how much fun she had and how grateful she was for all Tim and I did. Then of course she started planning what she wanted to do for her next birthday party. Girls!! What am I saying? I think the same thing happened with Gent. Kids!!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Super cute! I absolutely love it. We drove through Vegas again and I thought of you guys, I hope all is well. We move to TX at the end of August, I can't believe Sean graduated, it seems like just yesterday we were nursery leaders at Wymount.

Kathy said...

You posted!! I love the "tea" party idea, sounds like something I'd do.

Scrap Pages

>